Types of Vehicles We Insure
All Terrain Vehicles
Sport Utility Vehicles
Types of Watercraft We Insure
Why Insure With Us?
Some people purchase insurance the same way they buy toothbrushes – find the cheapest price. While this strategy is OK for commodities where the product is exactly the same between retailers; it could be a disaster in waiting for a professional service like insurance. Even informed consumers can make critical mistakes in setting up an insurance program that creates unpleasant surprises when a claim is filed. When you think about it, the whole point of insurance is to plan for an event you hope never happens. For most people it’s worth having one of our professionals at your service; and best of all there’s never a fee for our professional advice!
Here’s a short list of problems we typically see with people who come to us for insurance:
- Liability limits too low. It’s simply amazing how many people drive cars and have virtually no insurance coverage even though they have a policy! Generally the more wealth or potential for wealth you have the more protection you need.
- Low Deductibles. The lower your deductible the greater your premium. Our thought is that money is better off in your bank account than ours. There is money to be saved with higher deductibles.
- Not taking advantage of discounts. If you insure your autos with one carrier and your home with another you are missing out on substantial multi-policy discounts.
Our insurance professionals treat you like the unique individual you are and know the right questions to ask to customize your insurance program. You can be confident of having the right amount of basic coverage and being informed of how coverage options may work for you.
Farmers Insurance offers premium auto insurance policies. Ask your current carrier if your policy will do this:
- New cars are replaced at FULL VALUE, without a deduction for depreciation during the first year of ownership if it is totaled or stolen (not recovered).
- Claims service available 24/7 everyday of the year.
- No hassle repairs – if you elect to use a Farmers-approved repair facility there is no haggling over how much it will cost to fix the damage; your car is repaired – period.
- Go to the head of the line. Sometimes car repairs take several weeks simply because you are waiting in the queue. If you elect to use a Farmers-approved repair facility you receive priority service and move to the head of the line!
Liability insurance coverage helps you to protect you and your family against financial loss arising from legal liability associated with bodily injury or property damage of another due to an accident you cause. Most states require you to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage, or post a bond, before you can register your vehicle or obtain a driver’s license.
Bodily Injury coverage covers the expenses associated with other people’s injuries or death for which you are legally responsible. Coverage includes medical expenses, loss of income and pain and suffering. These coverages are subject to the limits and conditions of your policy. Most states require drivers to carry Bodily Injury coverage.
Following an accident for which you are legally responsible, Property Damage covers your liability for damaging another person’s personal property, such as an automobile, house or fence.
Collision coverage covers the damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another vehicle or object. Generally, the coverage reimburses you the amount needed to repair or replace your damaged vehicle, minus the deductible you select. This coverage is normally required if your vehicle is leased or if you have an outstanding loan on the vehicle.
Comprehensive coverage protects your investment in your vehicle by covering losses to the car resulting from fire, theft, falling objects, riots, storms, earthquakes, floods, collision with a bird or animal and other natural occurrences. Like Collision coverage, Comprehensive coverage generally includes a deductible which you select. Comprehensive coverage is normally required if your vehicle is leased or if you have an outstanding loan on the vehicle.
Customized Equipment Coverage
Under the Comprehensive and Collision portion of your car insurance policy, optional equipment (a CD player or navigation system) is automatically covered if it is permanently installed in the opening of the dash where the manufacturer would normally install such equipment.
This coverage pays medical bills and funeral expenses for you or a passenger injured in an accident while riding in your vehicle. Coverage extends to you or a family member when riding as a passenger in someone else’s vehicle or when struck by a vehicle when on foot. Costs are covered up to the amount specified by the policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Uninsured Motorist coverage covers you, insured members of your household and your passengers in an accident with a motorist who has no insurance or is underinsured. It also provides coverage if you’re hit by a hit-and-run driver and applies to you and the insured members of your household, even as pedestrians. Coverage includes payment of medical costs, lost wages and pain and suffering. It is required in many states. This coverage typically covers any difference between what the other at fault driver’s insurance covers and the costs of your bodily injuries, up to the limits of the policy.
Towing & Roadside Assistance. Service is available 24/7 throughout the US and Canada. Vehicle disablement services include: towing; tire changing; vehicle lock-out; and, up to one-hour of labor for repair.
Rental Car/Loss of Use. Pays up to $50 per day for up to a maximum of 20-days or $1,000 while your vehicle is being repaired as a result of a covered incident. Other options are available.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Parts. Coverage specifies that only OEM parts are to be used in event of a collision or comprehensive repair.
Trailer/Travel Trailer/Camper Coverage. Provides comprehensive, collision and content coverage with scheduled limits of liability.
Glass Deductible Buy Back. Windshield/glass repair and replacement: allowable repairs are done at no cost; glass replacement subject to your payment of a $100 deductible.
Residual Debt/Gap Coverage. For leased vehicles: coverage up to 25% of the vehicle actual cash value (ACV) subject to specific conditions.
Non-Factory Stereo Equipment. Theft coverage for after-market sound systems, media and applicable equipment.
Custom Equipment. Additional coverage for after-market equipment such as wheels, exhaust systems, exterior modifications, graphics, etc.
Uninsured Motorist Property Damage. Waives your deductible if you have collision coverage; payment of up to $3,500 if no collision coverage.
Umbrella Coverage. Additional personal liability protection for your autos, home, rental properties and watercraft; recommended by financial planners and accountants to protect personal assets and wealth. Particularly important for homeowners with pools, spas and/or dogs.
Life Insurance. Protects the lifestyle of your family in event of an untimely death. Creates an instant estate and provides tax-free money that can be used to pay mortgages, funeral costs, college education and other financial obligations.
Get a Quote for Your Vehicles
You can choose a number of ways to receive a quote for from us. The fastest way is to click the above button. It is very helpful if you share with us the following information:
- For all vehicles – the vehicle identification number (VIN) that appears on your registration documents
- For all drivers – names; dates of birth; any information on his/her driving record with regard to minor/major citations; and, at-fault accidents.
- Vehicle usage – an estimate of how many miles per year each vehicle is driven
- Profession – Farmers provides a courtesy discount to many professionals and we’d like to give you one. While the professions we extend a courtesy discount for are too numerous to list, here are a few common ones: educators; realtors; computer scientists; engineers; physicians; registered nurses; certified public accountants; chemists; physical therapists; chiropractors; and, airline pilots.
Local number (858) 689-0466
Toll-free number (877) 567-AUTO
Local Fax (858)-689-0464